Monday, August 31, 2009

Sometimes, poop happens

Do you ever have those days when you're doing something that could be considered a "good deed" and junk happens? I find myself nodding to this question and thinking: "Funny you should ask, because that happened to me YESTERDAY!!!"
The story begins.....

My sister works at an old folk's home and invited me to sing with her for their branch's Relief Society meeting which meets on Tuesdays. Since neither one of us has a piano, we decided to practice at her work on Sunday because a piano would be provided there. I get out of church, stuff my face with pasta, and head over.

For some reason, I was feeling pretty antsy and a little flustered which distracted me from my driving. As I was pulling into the parking lot (tiny parking lot) of my destination, I miscalculated my turn and ended up slamming into/running over a curb that, in my opinion, sticks out way too far. "Oh junk!" I thought. As I got out of my car, I could hear a very unwelcome hissing sound. I slowly walked around my car and got there in time to watch my poor tire slowly come to its death. It was absolutely pathetic. I did not handle it with grace and expressed to my sister how incredibly lame it was. She verbally patted me on the head with affirmations of, "It will be okay." I wasn't convinced. However, after practicing and spending time with old people that are happy to see anyone, unless they have behavior issues, I found myself leaving with a pleasant feeling and an excitement to sing with her tomorrow.

Moral of the story; sometimes, poop happens........oh well.

2 comments:

  1. I was waiting for you to say you hit a car! The "oh Junk!" Is an appropriate response..not what I would have picked but it sufficed. I did laugh lots to this story. You should do stuff like that more often so I can giggle at your telling of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh honey! I think I was born to do stupid things! Question, can you call me Cordelia? (I'm not referencing Buffy, but can you guess what it's from?)

    ReplyDelete